About us

Melverley is situated near the confluence of the Severn and Vyrnwy and stands near to the Welsh Border. Overlooking Melverley are the Breidden hills. Melverley is a relatively small parish and it has an electorate of 114. In the centre of the village is St Peter's Church, a black and white timber framed building and stands on the banks of the River Vyrfwy. The church was re-built in 1406, the previous building having been burnt down.