Shrop.NET provides community organisations with the means to create and manage their own websites.
Shrop.NET incorporates a range of facilities and features that it would be impractical or uneconomic for small organisations to implement themselves.
It assists interaction with local authorities, other community organisations and users, giving the chance to get your message across in an interactive way.
ShropNET is a free service and is funded by Shropshire Council
ShropNET's features enable you to:
- build and manage a web presence for your organisation.
- update and maintain information on the services you provide including opening times and contact details.
- announce news and activities.
- conduct online surveys and polls.
- publish documents such as leaflets, annual reports, press releases, forms and fact sheets.
Access is through any internet-enabled computer at home or in public places, such as a library or internet cafe.
Free websites for community organisations
You will need to register as member of ShropNET, this will give you as an individual access to the system.
- Once you are a member, you can log in and request a free website for your organisation.
- When your application has been approved, you can start creating your website.
- Please read the terms and conditions of use.
I'm interested but am I eligible?
To become a member of Shrop.NET your organisation must:
Be a non-profit making organisation, many types of organisation are eligible, including (but not limited to):
- Parish Councils
- District, Borough or County Councillors
- Support Groups
- Toddler Groups
- Village Halls
Be based in Shropshire (or provide services to the people of Shropshire).
Not contravene our Terms and Conditions in any way.
I'm eligible, what should I be aware of?
Your organisation must agree to the terms and conditions of use before applying online.
Eligibility will be assessed by Shropshire Council when dealing with your request, and your application will be approved (or rejected) promptly, and you will be notified by email.
Shropshire Council is not obliged to give reasons for any rejection, but will usually be willing to provide feedback.
Shropshire Council will take responsibility if your organisation is not from the catchment area.
Shrop.NET and Shropshire Council reserve the right to adjust the name under which you list your organisation, for the purposes of clarity and consistency.
In order to begin the registration process, click the 'Apply today' at the top of the page.